!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Newsletter October 14: More People!

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Newsletter October 14: More People!

Post by piwakawaka » October 15th, 2019, 12:50 am

Month 2019
Year 5, Issue #

Hello, Readers.

This week we have the second group of features starring Jedikitten and Sandwalker. They are amazing people who help make this newsletter what it is. Without Jedi, the newsletter would look far less fancy than it does. Without Sandy, there would very likely be an awful lot of randomly incomprehensible posts floating around the forums.

We have also started hearing about some of the major features that will star in the next patch, 8.3. What does this mean as far as Blizzcon news? Well, who knows? It's getting closer by the day and it certainly promises to be an interesting Blizzcon, if nothing else.

I hope you all have a good week.

Piwakawaka.
Click here to view the newsletter as plain text!

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Re: Newsletter October 14: More People!

Post by piwakawaka » October 15th, 2019, 12:53 am

The Road To 5!
It's hard to believe, but October is already here. What's so significant about October for the A3 community? Well - this is when I start prepping all of our anniversary celebrations! This year, beginning December 1st, we will celebrate our 5 year anniversary!

I thought it would be fun to get to know some of our members a little more leading up to the anniversary celebrations. Between now and then, we will be including some fun Q&As from some of our longest standing members, our most active members, and our most helpful and generous members.

This week we are featuring:
Team Member Jedikitten
&
Team Member Sandwalker

Community Name (and how to pronounce it)
Jedikitten (Jeh-dye Kih-ten)

How did you find the community? What made you decide to join? And to stick around?
I saw the post spotlighting the community on Warcraft Pets. I thought it was a great idea and decided to join. Shortly thereafter they were recruiting team members to help with the influx of people that the spotlight brought with it, and I've been honored to be a part of this amazing community ever since!

Where are you most active within the community?
I'm most active on Discord, however I can be found lurking on the forums as well. I'm also always available on Battle.net.

What’s your favorite battle pet?
I love all the cat pets, however Brightpaw has probably replaced Cinder Kitten as my favorite because she's purple (my favorite color) and is a cat (and I'm a crazy cat lady, so it's perfect). :)

What’s your favorite real life treat?
I am a total coffee-holic. I dunno if coffee counts as a "treat" but it's my go-to for pretty much everything. I do also enjoy chocolate.

What are three random facts about you?
a. I'm the oldest of 5 kids
b. I love Star Wars
c. I used to volunteer at a therapeutic riding center where handicapped kids learn to ride horses

Random Questions

a. How do you feel about putting pineapple on pizza?
I am ok with it. Hawaiian pizza (basic ham and pineapple, nothing crazy) is one of my favorites. However, my very favorite is a simple pepperoni pizza.
b. Mountains or ocean?
I love the mountains. I grew up in Asheville, NC and absolutely love the mountain air. I don't mind the ocean for short periods of time, but I do not like living there.
c. What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten?
I have just recently (when I went to Italy in September) tried cuttlefish ink pasta...it wasn't awful, but I don't think I'd class it as something I "liked".

Community name?
Sandwalker.

How did you find the community? What made you decide to join, and stick around?
Hmm. I probably joined when Piwakawaka (see the relevant newsletter for her info) prompted me to, if I wanted to get free pets. That was about four years ago, perhaps? I stick around because the team members are great people, and I like doing my little bit for the community (mostly the puzzles for the newsletter and events).

Where are you most active within the community?
I’m probably most active when it comes to the newsletter – I proof read it, and compile a weekly puzzle, as well as puzzles for our events, but I occasionally chat in the general A3 Discord server as well.

What’s your favourite battle pet?
I just collect them, so I don’t really have a favourite, but I’m quite partial to any cats, and the very cute. If I really had to choose one, I’d probably go for Brightpaw or Mischief.

What’s your favourite real life treat?
Hmm, where do I start.... I love chocolate, except when it has coconut, fruit or macadamia nuts in it. S’mores! But graham crackers are not available in New Zealand except via import stores, which make them rather expensive. And our chocolate is in big chunks which don’t melt very well.

What are three random facts about you?
I’m learning Norwegian.
I love the Eurovision Song Contest, and watch it religiously every year (even if I have to get up very early to watch it at 7am).
The name Sandwalker is that of my primary ‘fursona’, a grey tabby-patterned chakat (a hermaphrodite feline taur). Yes, I’m a ‘furry’.

Random Questions
What’s the best/worst practical joke that you’ve played on someone or that was played on you?
My Year 7 class went on a camp. Someone who was always mean to me put a calla lily (the large white lilies with the yellow spike in the centre) in my sleeping bag. I’m terrified of certain flowers (lilies being one of them), so when I got into my sleeping bag, and my feet touched it, I knew immediately what it was, since I’d seen the person skulking around earlier with one. I’ve never moved so fast in my life.
What life skills are rarely taught but extremely useful?
Budgeting and general financial skills, cooking, public speaking.
What skill or craft would you like to master?
Communicating in Norwegian.
It's A Party!

The A3 anniversary preparations have officially begun! Prizes and giveaways this year will vary as they did last year, including pets, mounts, toys, store goodies, rare items, and more. The deadline for all contributions will be November 20th. If you are interested in helping to farm or sponsor goodies for the anniversary celebrations please fill out the following forum:
https://forms.gle/VSwkXF5pSBg6rpAz5

Followup with Wakamaru in a Private Message on the forum or a Direct Message on Discord afterward. Please also reach out to Wakamaru with any questions.
Seabreeze Giveaway Winners
Well done to the winners of our giveaway
@Jetstream
&
@Jedikitten

Jetstream was also able to get the first weeks 9 letter word - Oligarchy. Well done!
Watch the New Developer Content Update Preview
The World of Warcraft development team is hard at work on the next content update for Battle for Azeroth. Join game director Ion Hazzikostas for a first look at what’s in store for Battle for Azeroth and what’s next for WoW Classic!
you can see the original post here.
New Allied Races Preview: Vulpera and Mechagnomes!
As the war to safeguard Azeroth’s future escalates, two new playable Allied Races will be ready to take up arms with the Horde and the Alliance—vulpera and mechagnomes—in the next content update.

Find out whats planned for these Allies here

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Post by piwakawaka » October 15th, 2019, 12:53 am

Reading With Leashes
Guides!
Have you checked out these guides?
Random Reads!
Check out these other awesome posts!
Is there a tamer you just can't seem to beat? A pet you want to know more about?
Be sure to let us know what you'd like to see covered via the blog forum post or by sending Jedikitten a PM!
Photos Of The Week

Featured this week:
@Anks, @Piwakawaka and @Sandwalker

Want to see your photo here? Send us selfies or screenshots of you and your getting achievements, finding new pets, or just out and about having fun!

Submit Screenshot
#A3pix
Twitter
Forum Thread
Private Message
A3 Forum Games
4 Word Story Time
:books:
Play Game
Hurt and Heal
:crossed_swords:
Play Game
Level That Pet
:chart_with_upwards_trend:
Play Game
Movie Connections
:movie_camera:
Play Game
Name That Pet
:dog2:
Play Game
Pet Scramble
:question:
Play Game
Pokemon Go CP #s
:mouse:
Play Game
Who Am I
:spy:
Play Game
Warcraft Puns
:drum:
Play Game

This Week's Puzzle

Last Week's Answers

Sandwalker found 20 words:

ace, act, actual, acute, ale, all, CALCULATE, call, cat, caul, eat, lac, lace, lat, late, lea, talc, tale, tall, teal

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Post by piwakawaka » October 15th, 2019, 12:54 am

Thank You
Thank you to everyone to contributed to this week's newsletter!

Piwakawaka (editor/contributor)
Jedikitten (formatting/contributor)
Sandwalker (copy editor/contributor)
Wakamaru (contributor)

A special 'Thank You' to Wakamaru for creating this week's Pawprint Press header!
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Pawprint Press Manager
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Recruitment Team
Tracking Sheet Manager

Return to “Weekly Newsletter; Pawprint Press”