!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Newsletter October 21: Level Those Pets!

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Newsletter October 21: Level Those Pets!

Post by piwakawaka » October 21st, 2019, 5:41 am

October 2019
Year 5, Issue 41

Hello, Readers.

We're up to the third installment of our features, and I hope you're all finding the interviews as interesting as we are.

This week has been a brilliant week for pet levelling. Monday is Super Squirt day, so get out and make the most of it if you can. If you're just getting into levelling pets, don't forget you can check out Xu-Fu's Pet Battle Strategies for pet carry teams. It's always hardest when you first start out levelling, but don't get discouraged. You'll get there one day!

I'm finding that I'm not keeping up with my levelling very well this expansion. I just start making progress and then I get more pets to add to my leveling queue. Thank goodness for Rematch's levelling queue. Life is so much easier when you don't have to remember to swap in your levelling pet.

I hope you all have a good week, and good luck with levelling your pets!

Piwakawaka.

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Re: Newsletter October 21: Level Those Pets!

Post by piwakawaka » October 21st, 2019, 5:41 am

The Road To 5!
We're well on our way to the start of our Anniversary celebrations and we continue on towards it including some fun Q&As from some of our longest standing members, our most active members, and our most helpful and generous members.

This week we are featuring:
Team Member OzinLA
&
Team Member FlameFlash

Community Name (and how to pronounce it):
My Community Name is OzinLA. Being not particularly imaginative when it comes to screen names it is quite literal. I'm an Aussie that lives in Los Angeles (ooh, that's a bonus random fact). So Oz in LA. That's how it's said.

How did you find the community? What made you decide to join? And to stick around?
I found the community through the Warcraft Pets post way back in, what was it, 2015? There didn't seem to be any down side to joining, so I did. The people and the acquisition of a trickle of hard-for-me-to-get pets has kept me around.

Where are you most active within the community?
So, as you know I'm on staff. Currently my highest visibility would be in posting the weekly adoption threads to the forum and Discord. Behind the scenes Waka and I are a well-oiled machine that makes sure the A3 bank actually has pets to adopt out.

What’s your favorite battle pet?
I don't really do favorites, and I have 1,118 and counting unique pets to choose from. So it's hard. Tossing a coin and because it's both pretty and supremely useful in the Crysa fight that I just did: Sun Darter Hatchling.

What’s your favorite real life treat?
Favorite real-life treat: Easy - a glass (or two or three) of a good cabernet sauvignon.

What are three random facts about you?
  • I didn't have a pet in real life until I was 31 years old. Now cats are my overlords.
  • I have a PhD in molecular biology, which for some reason impresses folks, but represented just a lot of hard work for many years for me.
  • I'm a bit of a magpie, and if money was no limit, I'd have oodles of jewelry. Smaug might be my spirit animal.

Random Questions

Pizza or tacos?
    Pizza.

Pet peeves?
    I have many, but oblivious/inconsiderate behaviors are probably at the top of that list. For example, people blocking doorways by having conversations right there. Just move down the corridor 3 feet, folks!

What bends your mind every time you think about it?
    The universe.

Community Name (and how to pronounce it):
FlameFlash (flame and flash)

How did you find the community? Twitter

What made you decide to join? I had no clue what to do with the pet system.
And to stick around? Because these are some awesome people.
Where are you most active within the community?
Forums, Discord, Twitter.

What’s your favorite battle pet?
I'm still not sure I have one. I choose favorite matching ones with each of my characters.

What’s your favorite real life treat?
Minty things of goodness or dark chocolate.

What are three random facts about you?
  • The first time I broke my arm was when I was catapulted off a teeter-totter [see-saw].
  • I have a lot of kids.
  • My family claims I have super-hearing.

Random Questions

What’s the best ice cream topping?
    Mint cream and marshmallow syrup.

What's the last book you gave up on and stopped reading?
    I never have.

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
    I'm pretty fast in the morning. I can be dressed and up and out in less than 10 minutes.
It's A Party!

The A3 anniversary preparations have officially begun! Prizes and giveaways this year will vary as they did last year, including pets, mounts, toys, store goodies, rare items, and more. The deadline for all contributions will be November 20th. If you are interested in helping to farm or sponsor goodies for the anniversary celebrations please fill out the following forum:
https://forms.gle/VSwkXF5pSBg6rpAz5

Followup with Wakamaru in a Private Message on the forum or a Direct Message on Discord afterward. Please also reach out to Wakamaru with any questions.

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Post by piwakawaka » October 21st, 2019, 5:42 am

Reading With Leashes
Guides!
Have you checked out these guides?
Random Reads!
Check out these other awesome posts!
Is there a tamer you just can't seem to beat? A pet you want to know more about?
Be sure to let us know what you'd like to see covered via the blog forum post or by sending Jedikitten a PM!
Photos Of The Week

Featured this week:
@Chemomaus, @Jedikitten and @Piwakawaka

Want to see your photo here? Send us selfies or screenshots of you and your getting achievements, finding new pets, or just out and about having fun!

Submit Screenshot
#A3pix
Twitter
Forum Thread
Private Message
A3 Forum Games
4 Word Story Time
:books:
Play Game
Hurt and Heal
:crossed_swords:
Play Game
Level That Pet
:chart_with_upwards_trend:
Play Game
Movie Connections
:movie_camera:
Play Game
Name That Pet
:dog2:
Play Game
Pet Scramble
:question:
Play Game
Pokemon Go CP #s
:mouse:
Play Game
Who Am I
:spy:
Play Game
Warcraft Puns
:drum:
Play Game

This Week's Puzzle
Puzzle #12

Last Week's Answers

Sandwalker found 24 words:

mar, mars, mora, moray, morn, PARSIMONY, parson, pram, prim, pro, prom, rain, rains, rainy, ram, ramp, ramps, rams, ran, rim, roan, romp, romps, rosy

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Post by piwakawaka » October 21st, 2019, 5:42 am

Thank You
Thank you to everyone to contributed to this week's newsletter!

Piwakawaka (editor/contributor)
Jedikitten (formatting/contributor)
Sandwalker (copy editor/contributor)
Wakamaru (contributor)

A special 'Thank You' to Wakamaru for creating this week's Pawprint Press header!
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Pawprint Press Manager
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Recruitment Team
Tracking Sheet Manager

Return to “Weekly Newsletter; Pawprint Press”