!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Newsletter October 28: Just Waiting For The Weekend

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Newsletter October 28: Just Waiting For The Weekend

Post by piwakawaka » October 28th, 2019, 5:20 pm

October 2019
Year 5, Issue 42

Hello, Readers.

Blizzcon is upon us and Blizzard are holding their cards very close to their chests with a number of mystery panels on the schedule. These are almost certainly the What's Next? panels, and possibly some deep dives, although it is likely the schedule won't be updated to tell us what's what until the opening ceremony is completed with the wildest of spoilers out in the wild. The fact that Blizzard isn't even telling us which games each of the panels belongs to is interesting. Certainly it paves the way for the possibility of some very big announcements.

What is even more curious is that alongside this, the first four panels after the opening ceremony on the Mythic Stage are going to be free to view. This is a huge change from previous years where the free panels were limited to the e-sports, opening and closing ceremonies and a couple of teaser VoD's to whet your appetite.

Once again A3 will be doing our best to cover the news from Blizzcon, although we certainly recommend going to sites such as Wowhead if you want live or nearly live summaries.

I hope you all have a good week!

Piwakawaka

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Re: Newsletter October 28: Just Waiting For The Weekend

Post by piwakawaka » October 28th, 2019, 5:21 pm

The Road To 5!
It's another week and another series of interviews. In the run up to our fifth anniversary we are including some fun Q&As from some of our longest standing members, our most active members, and our most helpful and generous members.

This week we are featuring:
Team Member Astrae
&
Team Member Kastriia

Community Name (and how to pronounce it):
Astrae (pronounce like "astray")

How did you find the community? What made you decide to join? And to stick around?
I found A3 through warcraftpets.com. I thought it was such a generous and selfless idea to adopt out free pets to people, and of course I was excited to adopt more pets! I decided to stick around and help out because of the awesome community! I always try to surround myself with positive people, and A3ers are some of the nicest, most positive people that I have met in WoW since I started playing back in BC.

Where are you most active within the community?
I'm most active on Discord.

What’s your favorite battle pet?
My favourite battle pet for battling is the Sprite Darter Hatchling and my favorite pet for looks is the Spectral Tiger Cub

What’s your favorite real life treat?
My favourite real life treat is cheese, but dark chocolate comes in a close second.

What are three random facts about you?
  • I am a huge Radiohead fan
  • My profile pic on Discord is an old screenshot from my first Astrae BE hunter back in BC
  • I'm writing a historical fiction novel
Random Questions

What pets have you had?
Lots of cats in the past, none currently.

if you had to change your name what would you change it to?
Scarlett is a pretty name

What was the last book you read? Game of Hope by Sandra Gulland

Image Image
Community Name (and how to pronounce it):
Kastriia (Kas-tree-ah)

How did you find the community? What made you decide to join? And to stick around?
Among my friends, I was the only one ever collecting pets and wanted new people to chat about with. A quick google search and I found A3! The people, the events and the hard work put in by the team made me stay!

Where are you most active within the community?
I am more of a little lurker at times! But you can find me in the other games section quite often (Overwatch, Heroes, Pokemon, Magistream etc) and will pop into Feathers_fur_fin with pet pics and to love on all the other pets people have :heart:

What’s your favorite battle pet?
This one is always sooo hard for me! I would have to go with Sprite Darter Hatchling or Hyacynth Macaw - the ones who started it all!

What’s your favorite real life treat?
It's a french Canadian dessert called Grand-pere au Syrop D'érable! Think Shortcake batter baked in boiling maple syrup!

What are three random facts about you?
  • I am Bilingual, French being my first language
  • I live closer to polar bears and nothingness than I do the American border
  • I am vertically Challenged at 4'11.5ft or 151cm, making me borderline above dwarfism by 4 cm!
Random Questions

What are some songs you know by heart?
Ohhh boyyyy- Too many! I am a music fiend and not only remember songs by heart, but if I listened to them on a CD, I will know the order of the next song coming up by heart as well! Looking at you Now series! The Pokemon the First Movie Soundtrack, All of Shania Twain's CDs( Yup, guilty pleasure<3), many of the 90's pop and R&B as well. Oh and the Pokemon Theme song/rap, can't forget those

If you unexpectedly won 10,000$, what would you spend it on?
As someone who won 50k back in 2014, I was boring with it xD I would pay off loans and credit cards and do the responsible stuff. I would probably treat my amazing partner Rae to something though :heart:

What does the opposite sex do that you wish that you could do, but it’s not anatomically feasible or it’s socially frowned upon?
<.< >.> Not ever have to wear bras EVER
It's A Party!

The A3 anniversary preparations have officially begun! Prizes and giveaways this year will vary as they did last year, including pets, mounts, toys, store goodies, rare items, and more. The deadline for all contributions will be November 20th. If you are interested in helping to farm or sponsor goodies for the anniversary celebrations please fill out the following forum:
https://forms.gle/VSwkXF5pSBg6rpAz5

Followup with Wakamaru in a Private Message on the forum or a Direct Message on Discord afterward. Please also reach out to Wakamaru with any questions.
Recruit A Friend Is Now Live!
Ready to make memories with your friends and share fantastic adventures with them across Azeroth and beyond? The new Recruit A Friend program is the perfect way to show them the ropes.
What’s New?

The new-and-improved Recruit A Friend (RAF) program retains fan-favorite features, and it introduces a bounty of new rewards—because Azeroth is best experienced with friends at your side. Just like the previous program, you can teleport to each other with Friend-to-Friend Summoning (which works on a 30 minute cooldown) and receive 50% bonus experience when partied together.
More Recruits, More Rewards

The new Recruit A Friend program allows you to be linked with up to 10 friends, and earns game time and other unique rewards—like mounts, pets, and more—the longer they play. Players new to WoW and veteran players who have not purchased game time on their account in the past two years can be enlisted in this program. Each time one of your recruits adds game time to their account, you’ll earn progress toward a new reward. The more friends you invite, the faster you’ll earn the rewards, as one friend adding multiple months of game time earns the same rewards as multiple friends adding one month of game time each. See all the rewards you can get below!*

You can find the full article here
BlizzCon 2019 Preview – Schedule, Map, and Mobile App Now Live
It’s time to plan your strategy for BlizzCon 2019! This year’s BlizzCon map, schedule, and mobile app are here, so you can scout out the developer panels, esports tournaments, and other events you don’t want to miss.

You can find the full announcement here

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Post by piwakawaka » October 28th, 2019, 5:23 pm

Reading With Leashes
Guides!
Have you checked out these guides?
Random Reads!
Check out these other awesome posts!
Is there a tamer you just can't seem to beat? A pet you want to know more about?
Be sure to let us know what you'd like to see covered via the blog forum post or by sending Jedikitten a PM!
Photos Of The Week

Featured this week:
@Giamiabia and @Sandwalker

Want to see your photo here? Send us selfies or screenshots of you and your getting achievements, finding new pets, or just out and about having fun!

Submit Screenshot
#A3pix
Twitter
Forum Thread
Private Message
A3 Forum Games
4 Word Story Time
:books:
Play Game
Hurt and Heal
:crossed_swords:
Play Game
Level That Pet
:chart_with_upwards_trend:
Play Game
Movie Connections
:movie_camera:
Play Game
Name That Pet
:dog2:
Play Game
Pet Scramble
:question:
Play Game
Pokemon Go CP #s
:mouse:
Play Game
Who Am I
:spy:
Play Game
Warcraft Puns
:drum:
Play Game

This Week's Puzzle
Puzzle #13

Last Week's Answers
Sandwalker found 19 words:

evo, ova, over, parvo, pave, paver, prove, rave, rove, rover, vape, vapor, VAPORWARE, varroa, voe, ware, wave, waver, wove

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Post by piwakawaka » October 28th, 2019, 5:24 pm

Thank You
Thank you to everyone to contributed to this week's newsletter!

Piwakawaka (editor/contributor)
Jedikitten (formatting/contributor)
Sandwalker (copy editor/contributor)
Wakamaru (contributor)

A special 'Thank You' to Wakamaru for creating this week's Pawprint Press header!
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Pawprint Press Manager
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Recruitment Team
Tracking Sheet Manager

Return to “Weekly Newsletter; Pawprint Press”