!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Newsletter November 11: New Leveling Info!

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Newsletter November 11: New Leveling Info!

Post by piwakawaka » November 11th, 2019, 2:40 am

November 2019
Year 5, Issue 44

Hello, Readers.

This week has had a lot of information and supposition about the Shadowlands expansion. While a lot of the information is restating what we know from Blizzcon, there are a couple of important notes that have come up. Blizzard have released a statement about how they are going to be handling digital purchases that get replaced with Collector's Editions, and we have that statement in our news segment, with a link to the original post.

One of our enterprising members also managed to stumble across a rather more informative article explaining how the new levelling experience is going to work. While it's safe to say things are still in the early stages of getting things to work, in an interview with Eurogamer, producer Michael Bybee and Lead Engineer Patrick Magruder explained that when you leave a starting zone you progress to your capital city and talk to Chromie. If you want, she will make whichever zone you choose to level in scale from 10-50 so you can fully level in the one expansion. Outside of this 'outdoor timewalking' the expansions will still work as they do now; the expansion end points will simply be at lower levels. Farming Invincible will still be possible even if it never actually manages to drop.

I hope you all have a good week.

Piwakawaka.

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Re: Newsletter November 11: New Leveling Info!

Post by piwakawaka » November 11th, 2019, 2:42 am

The Road To 5!
I thought it would be fun to get to know some of our members a little more leading up to the anniversary celebrations. Between now and then, we will be including some fun Q&As from some of our longest standing members, our most active members, and our most helpful and generous members.

This week we are featuring:
Community Member Anks
&
Community Member Giamiabia

Community Name (and how to pronounce it):
My community name is Anks, pronounced like 'banks' but with no B.

How did you find the community? What made you decide to join? And to stick around?
I first found the community through a Google search a few years ago but was hesitant to join so left it on the back burner. then when I really wanted to get a lot of the pets decided to try it out. I also had plenty of extra pets, so after looking on Warcraft Pets it seemed a way I might get pets that I was not finding.

Where are you most active within the community?
I check both Discord and the forums but find Discord is used the most as it seems more checked by others.

What’s your favorite battle pet?
For use in fights, Direbeak Hatchling. For looks, Ban-Fu, the cub of Ban-Lu.

What’s your favorite real life treat?
Cheesecake, especially if it has chocolate.

What are three random facts about you?
  • I enjoy collecting coins (Canadian).
  • I was into genealogy and can trace one branch of my family back to the 1650s in France, but I identify with my Scottish side. (Sorry, Gramma).
  • I learned to drive a standard on a grain truck when I was 14.

Random Questions

Are you usually early or late?
    I am early if I am just getting there, but at the time I should be there, I feel late.

What’s something obvious that you never noticed until someone pointed it out?
    Days get longer during winter and shorter in the summer.

What form of public transportation do you prefer? (air, boat, train, bus, car, etc.)
    I really want to take a train ride through the mountains during the winter, sitting in one of the observation cars with the domed roof.

Community Name (and how to pronounce it):
Giamiabia (jee-uh mee-uh bee-uh)

How did you find the community? What made you decide to join? And to stick around?
I had a lot of duplicate pets and was looking for a place to trade or donate them so they could go to people who were looking to build their collection. I searched "WoW Pet Battle Adoption" and found a forum post advertising A3. I joined and you haven't been able to get rid of me since! The community is genuinely nice and incredible with their generosity and care of one another.

Where are you most active within the community?
I am active on the A3 Discord -- lurking in the #petcollecting, #trading, #screenshots, and other pet channels mostly. I always look in #petcollecting and #trading to see if I can help anyone out with pets they're looking for.

What’s your favorite battle pet?
Oh, Elune this is tough! Grumpy is the best boy who ensures I don't mess up when capturing wild pets. Stardust is precious and I love their shooting star animation. Whomper, Alarm-O-Dog, Rascal-Bot, Scuttle, Perky Pug, and so many more I want to say.

What’s your favorite real life treat?
Savory: Onion Rings, Sweet: Eclairs

What are three random facts about you?
  • I love to read and my favorite writers are Reinaldo Arenas, John Steinbeck, Kurt Vonnegut, Jane Austen, Chuck Palahniuk, Joe Meno and Margaret Atwood.
  • When I was in elementary school I wanted to grow up to be an Undertaker or an Astronomer. (Ended up as a writer)
  • The Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie of all-time.

Random Questions

What would you sing at Karaoke night?
    Pinball Wizard by The Who is my go-to karaoke song.

What is one of your favorite smells?
    Lilacs. They were my mother's favorite and they have such an incredible smell. Back home in New York they use to grow wild all along the side of the road. Would always stop and trim a few off when they were in season. There's nothing like them here in Texas. I ended up buying lilac essential oil and making some air freshener with it.

What fictional place would you most like to go?
    AZEROTH!

Thank you for including me, Waka :heart:
It's A Party!

The A3 anniversary preparations have officially begun! Prizes and giveaways this year will vary as they did last year, including pets, mounts, toys, store goodies, rare items, and more. The deadline for all contributions will be November 20th. If you are interested in helping to farm or sponsor goodies for the anniversary celebrations please fill out the following forum:
https://forms.gle/VSwkXF5pSBg6rpAz5

Followup with Wakamaru in a Private Message on the forum or a Direct Message on Discord afterward. Please also reach out to Wakamaru with any questions.
Upgrading Your Version of Shadowlands

We have seen some questions about how upgrades will work for the different versions of Shadowlands. While the process is similar to the last expansion, we want to take a moment to clarify how upgrades will work for some of the most common situations.

Upgrading from Any Digital Version to Collector’s Edition
If you purchase any digital copy of Shadowlands (Base, Heroic, or Epic), and then upgrade to the Collector’s Edition in the future, we will automatically credit you the cost of the digital copy in Blizzard Balance - as long as you enter the Collector’s Edition key before a future deadline. When you enter the key from your Collector’s Edition, we will see the original transaction on your account and the credit will be added. We will have details on this deadline when we have more information to share regarding the Collector’s Edition.

Upgrading from Base Edition to Heroic or Epic Edition then to Collector’s Edition
If you purchase the Base Edition of Shadowlands, then upgrade to the Heroic or Epic Edition, and THEN upgrade to the Collector’s Edition, your Blizzard Balance will be the price you paid for the original Base Edition.

Upgrading from Heroic to Epic Edition then to Collector’s Edition
If you purchase the Heroic Edition of Shadowlands, then upgrade to the Epic Edition, and THEN upgrade to the Collector’s Edition, your Blizzard Balance will be the price you paid for the original Heroic Edition.

Upgrading from Base Edition to Heroic or Epic Edition
If you purchase the Base Edition of Shadowlands, you will be able to upgrade to the Heroic or Epic Edition for the difference in cost between the versions.
Bornakk
Community Manager

CLICK HERE TO READ THE ORIGINAL POST

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Post by piwakawaka » November 11th, 2019, 2:44 am

Reading With Leashes
Guides!
Have you checked out these guides?
Random Reads!
Check out these other awesome posts!
Is there a tamer you just can't seem to beat? A pet you want to know more about?
Be sure to let us know what you'd like to see covered via the blog forum post or by sending Jedikitten a PM!
Photos Of The Week

Featured this week:
@Flameflash, @Sandwalker and @Wakamaru

Want to see your photo here? Send us selfies or screenshots of you and your getting achievements, finding new pets, or just out and about having fun!

Submit Screenshot
#A3pix
Twitter
Forum Thread
Private Message
A3 Forum Games
4 Word Story Time
:books:
Play Game
Hurt and Heal
:crossed_swords:
Play Game
Level That Pet
:chart_with_upwards_trend:
Play Game
Movie Connections
:movie_camera:
Play Game
Name That Pet
:dog2:
Play Game
Pet Scramble
:question:
Play Game
Pokemon Go CP #s
:mouse:
Play Game
Who Am I
:spy:
Play Game
Warcraft Puns
:drum:
Play Game

This Week's Puzzle
Puzzle #15

Last Week's Answers
Sandwalker found 30 words:

bier, bore, bores, brie, copier, core, cores, corpse, cries, err, errs, per, pore, pores, price, prices, probe, probes, PROSCRIBE, rep, rice, rices, robe, robes, rope, ropes, rose, score, scribe, sore

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Post by piwakawaka » November 11th, 2019, 2:45 am

Thank You
Thank you to everyone to contributed to this week's newsletter!

Piwakawaka (editor/contributor)
Jedikitten (formatting/contributor)
Sandwalker (copy editor/contributor)
Wakamaru (contributor)

A special 'Thank You' to Wakamaru for creating this week's Pawprint Press header!
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Pawprint Press Manager
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Recruitment Team
Tracking Sheet Manager

Return to “Weekly Newsletter; Pawprint Press”