!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Newsletter November 25: Not the Brutosaur!

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Newsletter November 25: Not the Brutosaur!

Post by piwakawaka » November 26th, 2019, 4:40 pm

November 2019
Year 5, Issue 46

Hello, Readers.

This week marks the last of the Interviews we have been doing. I hope you all have enjoyed finding out a little bit about our staff and community members. We've certainly enjoyed being able to bring you these interviews. It's been awesome seeing all the different fun answers, and even more awesome to see some of the many different things that have brought us together as a community. It's a fitting run up to our fifth anniversary. What started as a casual little idea has grown into a community of incredibly awesome folks that makes our little guild so much more than just a 'pet guild'.

In rather less happy news, there has been a blue post confirming the removal of the Caravan Brutosaur. While the statement also says that the mount will be purchasable from the BMAH, for those of us who have trouble making gold, this effectively makes the brutosaur unobtainable. I strongly suggest any of you who have been hoping to work towards this mount over the course of several expansions put a suggestion in through the Help menu asking Blizzard to please reconsider the removal of the mount. While anyone who has obtained the brutosaur over the course of this expansion is deserving of the feat of strength being introduced next patch, making a difficult to obtain mount even more difficult makes no sense, especially when the other vendor mounts were never removed.

I hope you all have a good week.

Piwakawaka

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Re: Newsletter November 25: Not the Brutosaur!

Post by piwakawaka » November 26th, 2019, 4:41 pm

The Road To 5!
I thought it would be fun to get to know some of our members a little more leading up to the anniversary celebrations. This week marks the end of our interviews. I hope you have all enjoyed getting to know our Team, and our Community a little bit better over these last few weeks.

This week we are featuring:
Community Member Ngwalme
&
Team Member Rae

Community Name (and how to pronounce it):
Ngwalme (Ng like "Nguyen"-WAL-meh)

How did you find the community? What made you decide to join? And to stick around?
Someone mentioned it on the Hazelnutty stream and I'd been looking for a community of like-minded pet obsessives. I arrived just when the summer games were going on and they were a lot of fun!

Where are you most active within the community?
Mostly on Discord. Some in-game, some on the forums.

What’s your favorite battle pet?
Shadow. I know he's not the best for actual pet battling but a) he's a glowing, color-shifting, magic fox and b) he was the reason I joined the damn game in the first place (Well, okay. My actually deciding to play and join was more complicated than that but still)

What’s your favorite real life treat?
Lemon Meringue Pie!

What are three random facts about you?
  • I was in an accident at a swimming meet that resulted in me having plastic surgery when I was sixteen.
  • Also the year I was sixteen I came second (I think, it's been a few years) in the Mount San Antonio College Writer's Day Competition for a poem that I definitely wrote but that I never submitted to the contest.
  • I played in the same D&D game in meatspace for almost fifteen years.
Random Questions

What's an example of a modern masterpiece?
And here's where I dredge out my English degree and say: I dunno. The question is too ambiguous; does it mean "modern" as in right now, within the last ten years? Or am I supposed to be looking at a "Modern" masterpiece? That would involve Modernism, which is not one of my favorite art movements, to be perfectly honest. Also, are we looking at an individual work or at someone's oeuvre?
Honestly, I can't come up with a non-ironic answer to this question. I think the very idea of a masterpiece is questionable at best, to be honest.

If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
Teleportation, because I live in the Los Angeles area and I get real tired of driving in traffic. Also, because my friends are kind of spread out even WITHOUT traffic, and it would be nice to be able to literally just pop over to see someone. Barring that, personal healing (the Wolverine power) but without the funky claws and the eternal life part. Something that would mend my current health issues and let me have a body that's factory standard would be nice.
Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?
Books. Even if I don't read a book every day (except I really, really do) just having them available TO read is important to me.
(one question from each generator)

Community Name (and how to pronounce it):
Rae (like 'ray')

How did you find the community? What made you decide to join? And to stick around?
My girlfriend (Kastriia) said that a pet-collecting Discord needed some help with social media and because I have all the time in the world at the moment I decided to lend my services to the team!

Where are you most active within the community?
I’m mostly on Twitter posting about the newest pet, mount, or general collection info on the @A3pets account.

What’s your favorite battle pet?
It’s a silly story, but back when I started playing WoW around the start of Cata I was leveling through Darkshore. One of the quest rewards is the Withers pet, and I was super proud to have him because you couldn’t just buy him from a vendor (at the time) and I loved the growing/shrinking he did when you had him out.

What’s your favorite real life treat?
I love these pizza rolls from a local pizzeria in Pittsburgh. They’re coated in garlic butter and filled with mozzarella cheese. I always get excited about going back there to visit specifically because of this food.

What are three random facts about you?
  • I’m emigrating to Canada from the U.S.
  • Even though I've been playing WoW since very late Wrath, I only got a max level character in WoD and started raiding in Legion.
  • I love indie games, so I’m really looking forward to sequels to some of my favorites like Spelunky 2, Risk of Rain 2 and Darkest Dungeon 2!
Random Questions
What happens more often than you’d like?
Needing to go back to the U.S. every 6 months by law. As an immigrant, I can only stay in Canada for so long before my travel time runs out, and needing to go on two planes both ways gets really exhausting.

What fictional place would you most want to visit?
I’d love to visit Hoenn from the Pokemon games. It was my first and favorite gen and I loved all of the ocean scenery.

What’s your favorite season?
I love the fall, so I’m pretty upset that this year seemingly went straight from summer to winter.

Thank you everyone who answered our little questionnaire. It's been great to learn a little about you all. Special thanks to Wakamaru, for having such an awesome and fun idea.
Looks Like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur might Be Unobtainable In 9.0.1

Hello! Yes. About that …

Like all dinosaurs, the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur’s days are numbered. I can confirm that when Shadowlands goes live, the shady vendors Talutu and Tricky Nick will cease selling it. Their other offerings – the Lost Platysaur pet and the Palehide Direhorn mount, will remain available for purchase.

We will make sure that the unforgettable Brutosaur mount is added to the lists of possible items that are sold in the Black Market Auction Houses. And of course, this new Achievement “Conspicuous Consumption” is a Feat of Strength, so as such things go, it’s not actually very conspicuous.
Kaivax
Community Manager
CLICK HERE TO READ THE ORIGINAL POST

Guild & Communities Finder Now Live
Expand your world with our new Guild & Communities Finder (default hotkey: J)! Search for guilds or communities based on your preferences, such as raiding or PvP, guild size, and the class roles they’re seeking. Apply with a note and your specializations so officers can review your application. You’ll also be able to apply to multiple guilds and communities that you’re eligible for.

Is there a guild or community you already call home? If you’re a recruitment officer, create a posting for others to apply to, or even auto-accept applicants for Communities! Don’t have recruitment privileges? You can use the new chat link feature to advertise the listing through chat channels.

You can use the new Guild & Communities Finder right now, so get in there and find your new guild and friends!

You can read the original article here.

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Post by piwakawaka » November 26th, 2019, 4:41 pm

Reading With Leashes
Guides!
Have you checked out these guides?
Random Reads!
Check out these other awesome posts!
Is there a tamer you just can't seem to beat? A pet you want to know more about?
Be sure to let us know what you'd like to see covered via the blog forum post or by sending Jedikitten a PM!
Photos Of The Week

Want to see your photo here? Send us selfies or screenshots of you and your getting achievements, finding new pets, or just out and about having fun!

Submit Screenshot
#A3pix
Twitter
Forum Thread
Private Message
A3 Forum Games
4 Word Story Time
:books:
Play Game
Hurt and Heal
:crossed_swords:
Play Game
Level That Pet
:chart_with_upwards_trend:
Play Game
Movie Connections
:movie_camera:
Play Game
Name That Pet
:dog2:
Play Game
Pet Scramble
:question:
Play Game
Pokemon Go CP #s
:mouse:
Play Game
Who Am I
:spy:
Play Game
Warcraft Puns
:drum:
Play Game

This Week's Puzzle
Puzzle #17

Last Week's Answers
Sandwalker found 30 words:

ate, gate, get, gets, hate, hates, heat, heats, heist, hep, pate, pea, peat, pet, pets, pie, sate, sea, seat, set, sett, shite, SPAGHETTI, spate, stage, tape, tapes, tea, teat, test

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Post by piwakawaka » November 26th, 2019, 4:42 pm

Thank You
Thank you to everyone to contributed to this week's newsletter!

Piwakawaka (editor/contributor)
Jedikitten (formatting/contributor)
Sandwalker (copy editor/contributor)
Wakamaru (contributor)

A special 'Thank You' to Wakamaru for creating this week's Pawprint Press header!
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Pawprint Press Manager
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Recruitment Team
Tracking Sheet Manager

Return to “Weekly Newsletter; Pawprint Press”